Thursday, July 7, 2011

FOs

I've hit a big milestone, y'all. I didn't come by it easily. There may have been some weeping and gnashing of teeth, but, everybody, I have knit a sweater:


True, it is a very tiny sweater. I made it for my future nephew, and my sister-in-law does not make big babies. When my mom saw it before the blocking she said, "...is that for a doll?" But I did it! I was cruising right along with the pattern until I got to the armholes. This pattern (the Bitty Cabled Cardigan by Heather at Western Sky Knits) is written for someone who already knows what they're doing. I had to go on the Ravelry forums/ to get someone to explain what the hell I was supposed to do with the extra stitches (thanks, guys!). Now I just need to find some buttons (I'm thinking some pretty wooden ones), and I'll have this ready for the October Baby!

Also:


I finished the second sock over the weekend. It's a little smaller than the first one, but they both fit, so I'm taking the W.

Next up: fingerless mitts! (Yes, I know it's July in Mississippi.)

No comments:

Post a Comment