Saturday, June 25, 2011

A Yarntroduction

I've started a lot of blogs in my life, but I always seem to peter out. It's gonna be different this time (I tell myself). This blog is about something I already love: knitting. I know it's awful early in the relationship to be using the "L" word, but, my dears, I've fallen hard. Back in February, I got some bamboo needles and acrylic yarn at the local Michael's and a little how-to booklet, and I taught myself to knit. The illustrations in the book were next to useless, so I youtubed my knits and purls to set forth on the crappiest scarf of all time. That treasure has since been frogged and turned into a hat for my friend Ally (I had only bought one skein of that yarn. Oh, how I giggle from my comfy spot in the future.)
Since then I've worked up from scarves and worked-flat hats to hats worked in the round and my very first pair of socks! I was so proud of that turned heel, I showed my parents, my brothers, their wives, and they, the generous people, pretended to care.

I know you've noticed that this is only one sock; I'm about halfway done with the second one. The romance is definitely gone, y'all.

So this will be the catalog of my adventures learning how to knit. I have the basics down (I think), but there is elusive game ahead of me. Things like, sweaters and cables and colorwork. Oh, my!

No comments:

Post a Comment